Friday, July 8, 2011

Jill Scott: Motherhood Makes Me Fearless

With a beautiful baby boy at home and her new album The Light Of The Sun topping the charts, life is good these days for singer Jill Scott. The single mom - she split from her fiance Lil John right around the time of their son Jett's birth in 2009 - recently opened up to US magazine about music and motherhood.

On how motherhood has influenced her music: "There's something about having a child. I don't know, maybe the 36 hours of labor? It just gave me a new appreciation for my self and my femininity. And my strength, you know, I think that's what it was. I walked into recording this record and wanted to be strong and free and even strong in my vulnerability. It's something about having a baby - I've been calling it lava in my spine. It's given me some fearlessness and I'm really enjoying how I feel. It's almost like my first record. I'm not worried about who's going to like it and who's not. I'm being all of me, and it feels stupendous. I don't want to leave this feeling."

Top Story? (feature beneath menu): 
no

Source: http://celebritybabyscoop.com/2011/07/08/jill-scott-motherhood-makes-me-fearless

Denise Richards Desiree Dymond Diane Kruger Dido Diora Baird

No comments:

Post a Comment