Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Miranda Kerr: "I Thought I Was Going to Die" Giving Birth

Miranda Kerr: "I Thought I Was Going to Die" Giving Birth

Plenty of moms, famous or otherwise, love to brag about their wonderful experience with natural childbirth -- but Miranda Kerr isn't sugarcoating it. In a new interview with the Australian edition of InStyle, the Victoria's Secret model says that the pain of giving birth to son Flynn was so excruciating that she felt like she might die.

"I actually thought I was going to die at one point and left my body. I was looking down on myself, the pain was so intense," says Kerr, 28. "I kept thinking, 'How do women do this?'' But if other women have done this, I can do it too. I was determined."

Determination was definitely the key for Miranda -- though having husband Orlando Bloom, 34, as a labor coach probably didn't hurt. (We can't imagine a nicer focal point!) When son Flynn was born on January 6, he was a hefty 9 pounds 12 ounces -- which may explain some of that labor pain. But Kerr insists that she was prepared for the effects of childbirth on her body.

"Flynn is a big baby... and I thought to myself, 'I have so much more that I want to do aside from modeling," recalls the Australian beauty. "I can live with my body not being in shape if I have a healthy son. It's worth it.'"

Not that she had anything to worry about. The svelte Kerr was back to work in mere weeks, even breastfeeding Flynn, now 6 months old, between photo shoots. She admits that juggling baby and career has been a challenge, but says that she's finally starting to get the hang of it.

"I was working 18-hour days. Now the pace has slowed so I can spend the majority of my time with Flynn,"she says. "We have a bath together every night. I am first a wife and a mother. When I work, it needs to be the best decision for us as a family."

Kerr has one more big decision to make: whether to raise her son in her native Australia. (Bloom was born in England, and the two both work extensively in the U.S.) Though Kerr admits that "Flynn would love it" Down Under, she says that he's destined for "a diverse upbringing." Sounds like a jet-setting lifestyle that any kid -- or adult! -- would envy.

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/miranda-kerr-i-thought-i-was-going-die-giving-birth/1-a-364037

Erica Leerhsen Erika Christensen Estella Warren Esther CaƱadas Eva Green

No comments:

Post a Comment